We have Vintage Books Puzzles Used Books Educational Toys New Books Travel Games and Activities Audio Books Postcards Journals Coloring Books and Supplies Local Authors
The Book Shoppe, Inc.
Yes, we are open for in-store shopping!
Masks are recommended and available at the inside door. If you’re feeling ill, please visit when you feel better. Private browsing appointments are still available at select times.
Order Online Here - Millions of Choices - Delivered Directly to You!
Audio Books to
We have over 45,000 new and used books on our shelves and just as many in the back waiting to be sorted. If you’re looking for a specific book, author, or puzzle just ask; we’ll do our best to find it for you.
The Book Shoppe, Inc. is not just about books; we have great gift ideas for the whole family. We have one of the largest selections (over 300) of jigsaw puzzles in the area, from 4-piece wooden ones to a 3000-piece, paint-by-number kits, “diamond” painting kits, Adult Coloring books & supplies, greeting cards from 99¢, journals & sketchbooks, Usborne books, Melissa & Doug learning activities, and so much more!
We have a great little store right in the heart of Iowa. Stop by next time you’re in the area!
Also, check out our shop greeters!
Top Selling Books
Top Audio Books
What can I bring in to trade for store credit?
– not from our sidewalk sale or other clearance sale. The Book Shoppe will consider offering store credit for books purchased elsewhere on an “as-needed” basis. We are always interested in new releases, railroad books, Iowa history, and military history. Because we have limited storage space, we are not able to accept many hardcover books. We do not accept textbooks, record albums, or magazines.
How much store credit do I get, and what can I use it for?
– Store credit is based on the retail price of the book and can be used toward used books in the store.
– Store credit is non-transferable and cannot be used on special orders, collectibles, clearance items, gift certificates, or new books.
– Store credit earned for Science Fiction, Paranormal Romance, and CD or MP-3 Audio Books (we call them “Tier 1 books”) can be used toward any eligible used book in the store. Credit earned for other types of books can be applied toward used books other than Tier 1 books.
– Store credit can be used for up to half of your total eligible book purchase. Remaining store credit will be saved in your account for later use and does not expire.
When can I bring in my books to trade for store credit?
– Books purchased from The Book Shoppe are accepted for trade during regular business hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. If you have more than one box/bag, we ask that you make an appointment.
– Books purchased elsewhere can be brought in by appointment only. We do not accept “outside” books from November 1st through March 1st.
– If we notify you that we can’t accept some/all of your books for credit, you have the option to pick them up within 24 hours of notification or to donate them to us for distribution elsewhere (downtown Trick or Treat, Iowa Veterans Home, sidewalk sales, the library’s summer reading program, jails, etc.).